The Interisland Line operates ferry services across Cook Strait for passengers and vehicles between Wellington, in the North Island, and Picton, in the South Island.
Crossing Cook Strait is one of New Zealand’s most memorable and spectacular journeys. It takes in the sights of the lower North Island coastline plus the scenic entrance to the South Island through the Marlborough Sounds.
The Interisland Line’s three conventional ferries the Arahura, Aratere and the Kiataki. They take three hours to cruise across Cook Strait. Once onboard, passengers can choose from a wide range of facilities including bars, cafés, a children’s play area and a cinema – alternatively they can stroll outside and enjoy the majestic views from the decks.
Note: When adding to itinerary please advise number of Adults/Children and if applicable the dimensions of the Vehicle, Trailer, Boat etc
For timetable details please enquire, as this changes daily.
- Checked luggage allowance on The Interisland Line services is two bags per person, maximum weight 30kg per item.
- Size of luggage must be no more than 200 linear cm (height plus length plus width).
- Extra luggage will only be carried if space is available and may incur extra costs.
- The Interisland Line advises passengers to insure all luggage and personal items.
- Please ensure that all your clients attach labels with their contact details and destination.
- Groups travelling exclusively on multiple services within the period of one day can check luggage through to their final destination if a faxed request is received. E.g. Christchurch to Wellington via The TranzCoastal and The Interislander ferry. The above service is provided at the check-in terminal only and is not reserved.
Passengers with Disabilities
The Interisland Line is equipped with facilities for disabled passengers. Please ensure that your client lets us know any special requirements prior to travel, so that we can offer the best possible service.
There are designated smoking areas on-board The Interislander. The Lynx is a smoke-free vessel.